Claus per bioemprendre (9th edition)
Carrer del Rosselló, 153
Online reservations are not available for this event.
Are you involved in biomedical research and interested in starting your own company? Would you like to learn about the career options in healthcare beyond academia? Would you like to hear about the experiences of others who have already chosen this path? Sharing the experiences of successful entrepreneurs in the healthcare arena helps raise awareness of role models for other researchers in the sector, encouraging them to choose entrepreneurship and, therefore, technology transfer. This is why Biocat organizes the Claus per Bioemprendre introductory course in bioentrepreneurship to share the personal experiences of top bioentrepreneurs in Catalonia with students and researchers.
The course is geared towards graduates and undergraduate students in the life sciences (biology, pharmacy, biotechnology, medicine, biochemistry, veterinary, chemistry), masters and PhD students and young researchers.
The course has three three-hour sessions, covering the role of entrepreneurship in biotechnology; the first steps in bioentrepreneurship, from concept to first rounds of funding; and the phases and partners that make up the life cycle of a biotechnology company. The course is possible thanks to the collaboration of Associació de Biotecnòlegs de Catalunya and CataloniaBio & HealthTech and support from the Dr. Antoni Esteve Foundation.
This course shares the personal experiences of successful bioentrepreneurs who are running innovative international companies. These individuals will explain the keys to starting up your own business; the successes, failures, issues and satisfactions of bioentrepreneurship.
Claus per Bioemprendre 9th edition will take place in three sessions held on April 30, May 7 and 14, 2019.
The registration will be open from February 26 to April 23.
This edition will feature:
- Lluis Ruiz-Ávila, CEO of Aquilón CyL
- Laura Soucek, Founder and CEO of Peptomyc
- Marc Ramis, Founder and CEO of Senolytic Therapeutics
- Lluís Pareras, Director of HealthEquity SCR
- Christian Brander, Co-founder and Scientific Director of Aelix Therapeutics
- Clara Campàs, Co-founder and Partner of Asabys Partners
- Montserrat Vendrell, Partner of Alta Life Sciences
- Ignasi Costas, Partner of RCD-Rousaud Costas Duran
- Marc Martinell, Founder and CEO of Minoryx Therapeutics
- Jordi Naval, CEO of Biocat (Moderator)
See the Full Program here (in Catalan).