53rd edition – Barcelona, June, 15-16 2022
Passeig del Taulat, 106
Publications are the final and evaluable result of the scientific activity and, as such, are part of the research process. However, very few scientific staff have received specific training on the publishing process. Traditionally, writing has been a nightmare for many professionals, especially novices but also for the more experienced, who have to communicate the results of their work.
The basic format of scientific communication in health sciences is the original article which has, with more or less variations, a well-defined anatomy and physiology in a medium with fairly well-defined rules and processes, which researchers have to know. The acquisition of the skills to write scientific articles has generally been delayed by an informal and implicit type of learning in daily work.
Therefore, systematically presenting the main elements for the writing of an article and trying to publish it can be very helpful for people who are just starting out as research staff.
The Dr. Antoni Esteve Foundation has organized various training activities on scientific publishing and publication in the health sciences, with the aim of disseminating the necessary knowledge to improve the training of research staff in this field. Therefore, these courses are aimed at young researchers with little experience in writing and publishing scientific papers who are in training programs (doctorate, specialization, or postgraduate, in general) and are or are about to integrate in an active research group.
These courses introduce basic techniques and skills for writing and publishing scientific articles in the health sciences. Therefore, the dynamics of the courses will be participatory, with theoretical and practical presentations through exercises based on published articles. The evaluation of the courses shows a positive impact on the knowledge, tools and attitudes towards the scientific articles of the participants.
- Writing style
- The original article: presentation
- The summary of the original article
- The main text of the original article
- Other sections of the original article
- How to publish an article: choosing the magazine
- Final preparation of the manuscript
- The publishing process
- Ethical aspects in scientific publication
- Final exercise
Esteve Fernández Muñoz
PhD in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Valencia, Master in Public Health and PhD from the University of London. She is currently Professor of Preventive Medicine and Public Health at the University of Valencia. He carries out his teaching and research activity mainly in the area of occupational health. He has collaborated and directed numerous funded research projects, having also published numerous articles in national and international journals and books related to his specialty. She has been an Associate Editor in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health and Gaceta Sanitaria. She has been the Director of the magazine Archivos de Prevención de Riesgos Laborales and the Defender of the magazine Gaceta Sanitaria. Between 2015 and 2019 she assumed the position of Director General of Public Health in the Valencian Community. He is currently a member of the expert committee advising the government during the COVID-19 pandemic. She serves as an external reviewer for numerous national and international journals. He has given several courses related to publishing and publishing in biomedical scientific journals and has also published books and other materials on the subject.
- The course is aimed primarily at postgraduates beginning in science writing and specialists with an interest in improving their knowledge in this field.
- Seminar hours will be 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Inscription is € 100 and includes documentation for the seminar and working lunches. Participants will be responsible for both accommodation and travel. • The number of participants is limited to a maximum of 30 places per course.
- If, for reasons beyond the control of the Dr. Should Antoni Esteve change the times or dates of this training seminar or decide to cancel it, this institution will not be responsible for any expenses that the participant may have in relation to the course (transport, accommodation or others).
- Due to the nature of the seminar, registration implies not only the active participation of the attendees and the commitment to attend all the sessions, but also the maximum punctuality so as not to affect the dynamics of the groups.
- A certificate of attendance will be given to each participant.
- Barcelona, June, 15-16 2022
Reservations are closed for this event.