How to improve your scientific presentations – Next online edition
If standing up and speaking in front of an audience is a source of anxiety, the stress is heightened even more when the official language of the conference, meeting or congress is English. The Dr. Antoni Esteve Foundation course How to improve your scientific presentations (with more than 25 face-to-face courses in Spain and France) becomes online with a new version which offers numerous techniques and practical tips for improving scientists presentations in English.
With a combination of plenary sessions and workshops with small groups, the course will take place during five days (November 21, 23, 24, 28 and 30, 2022). The schedule of the sessions will be from 4 to 6.45 p.m. CET. The course is coordinated by Brian McCarthy. He is a writer, translator and instructor of several courses. He has also translated and edited dozens of articles on pharmacology, psychology and education. Before moving to Spain in 2005, he was a professional theater director and acting coach. McCarthy will be assisted by 12 coaches, who will be in charge of the practical sessions with small groups.
Designed with a blend of theory and practice, this new course not only covers basic skills in public speaking but also looks at shaping your message, strucuturing your content and polishing your delivery in order to have a greater impact on your audience. Defining a message, having a central objective, establishing a narrative, imposing a structure and attractive design of slides are some of the keys to capturing and holding public attention.
Inscriptions for the online edition of How to improve your scientific presentations are now open. The fee is 100 euros.
1. The Core Elements of a Speech
2. The Audience, the Core Argument and the Call to Action of your presentation
3. How to structure your content
4. Brainstorming your presentation
5. How to quickly design great slides
6. How to start a presentation
7. Body language and voice for presenting on camera
8. Rehearsal of you presentation
9. Final presentation
- 1st edition: From November, 9th to 13th, 2020. In collaboration with the Institut Català d’Investigació Química, Institut d’Investigació Sanitària Pere Virgili and the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology.
- 2nd edition: From May, 3rd to 13th, 2021. In collaboration with the Institut Català d’Investigació Química, Institut d’Investigació Sanitària Pere Virgili and the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology.
- 3rd edition: From November 22nd to 29th, 2022. In collaboration with the International Research Network (IRN) on GPCRs del Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) and IRB Barcelona.
Reservations are closed for this event.