How to perform oral presentations in biomedicine – Next edition: Manresa, October, 9-10 2019
C/ Dr. Joan Soler, 1-3
Online reservations are not available for this event.
The Esteve Foundation organizes new editions of the training course on How to perform oral presentations in biomedicine. There have been 35 editions of this course, which is aimed at laying the foundations for an oral presentation and addressing general aspects of biomedical presentations, presentation strategies, design, preparation and successful execution.
Over two days, the workshop addresses both the strictly scientific aspects of content and also issues regarding verbal expression, regulation of voice and body language, among others. The seminar includes lectures that are supplemented with practical exercises and active participation of students. In addition, we ask all participants attending the course to give a short oral presentation.
Aina Clotet Fresquet
Degree in Audiovisual Communication from the Pompeu Fabra University. Trained as an actress at the Nancy Tuñón school in Barcelona, with Philippe Gaulier in London and various other training courses. Training in ballet, flamenco and contemporary dance. Experience in film, theater and television.
Àlex Mañas Ruíz
Degree in Law from the University of Barcelona. Postgraduate in directing actors from the Ramon Llull University in Barcelona. Trained as an actor at Nancy Tuñón School in Barcelona. Experience as an author, director, theater actor and screenwriter. SGAE National Theater Award (2006). Professor of communication at the College of Lawyers of Barcelona.
María Isabel Martín Fontelles
Doctor of Medicine from the Complutense University in Madrid. Professor of Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, the King Juan Carlos Univeristy.
Elena Muñoz Seco
Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Barcelona. Family Doctor. Member of Group Communication and Health Semfyc. Teaching Unit Coordinator Family and Community Medicine Associate Professor of Menorca and the Department of Psychology at the Universitat de les Illes Balears.
• Participants are reminded that this is basically a training seminar aimed at postgraduates with little or limited experience in oral presentations.
• The duration of the seminar is two days, with morning and afternoon sessions (from 8.45 to 18 hours), about 16 hours in total.
• The number of participants is limited to a maximum of 25 places.
• If the number of candidates exceeds the number of places, the selection is made taking into account the date of receipt of the application and the applicant’s suitability to the profile described.
• The registration fee is 100 €. This includes seminar materials, coffee and two lunches.
• Both accommodation and transport costs are borne by participants.
• The organization provides a limited number of assistive aids for people living far the seminar.
• Registration for the seminar involves the active participation of attendees and entails a commitment to attend the entire seminar.
• A certificate of attendance will be given to each participant.
• Manresa, October, 9-10 2019
Collaborating institution: Fundació Althaïa – Hospital Sant Joan de Déu